The Boys' Brigade Share-a-Gift project is a national community service project organized annually by The Boys' Brigade in Singapore, and is supported by the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) and Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF).
This project is:
- A high profile national community service project that promotes the spirit of caring and sharing among Singaporeans during the Christmas season.
- It is a significant annual event that mobilises more than 3,500 BB officers and Boys, and hundreds of other volunteers to collect gifts from thousands of Singaporeans, for distribution to the needy in Singapore.
- A unique project as donors have to go beyond purely financial giving; they would be challenged to make the extra effort to buy presents for the less privileged in our society.
The theme: "Have a Heart, Share a Gift" clearly summaries the project's purposes. Since the launch of BBSG in 1988, the objectives of the project are:
- Bring cheer and relief to the less fortunate in Singapore during the Christmas season;
- Inculcate the spirit of community service among members of The Boys' Brigade; and
- Promote the spirit of caring and sharing among Singaporeans.